Thursday, December 25, 2008

Tis the Season

Merry Christmas!

I received two very cool gifts today. I was given some wonderfully soft lavender Baby Alpaca Yarn from The Hunger Site. According to the label, it was made by Inca Tops, and appears to match the description of their Muhu. The skein states a weight of 75 gr., but no yardage. Google is failing me, and I'm not sure exactly what size this yarn is. Anyone know a good way to estimate what the yardage is?

I also got some lovely fair trade Banana Yarn in teal, also from The Hunger Site stores. I'm not sure what I'll make with it, but it does list the yardage. It's an interesting texture, almost papery, so I want to be sure to make something special out of it rather than my standard slippers or scarf knits.

And I haven't forgotten. Pictures of Christmas presents will be coming soon.

No comments: